The Awakening Page 1 Complete!

I haven’t updated for the last few weeks because i’ve been really busy with my PGCE course, but i’ve finished my first school placement now so i should have more time over the next couple of weeks for cross stitching.  I’ve finally finished page 1 of The Awakening!  Unfortunately i don’t seem to be able to take very good pictures today, it  looks much better in real life.

I had my first experience with krenik at the end of this page, there are 4 stitches using it in the middle of the sphere.  For those who don’t know it’s a sparkley thread, this one is Krenik #4, an almost white colour.  Instead of using a whole strand of it, because it seemed quite thick, i decided to separate it out into smaller strands and just used two of those, so half the original.  This seems to work ok, i don’t think i’d have been able to thread the needle with it in the whole thread.  You can’t really see it as there aren’t many stitches, but i think it will look good later on, in the snowy parts for example.

I think that page 2 will be a lot quicker than this page, because all it is is sky and archway, which involves very few colours compared to this first page, which used almost all of the 90 colours for the project.  I’ve now done 8000 stitches, out of almost 200,000 for the whole project.




1 Comment

  1. Tracy said,

    December 23, 2008 at 1:27 am

    Congratulations!!! This is a big landmark for you on this huge project 😀

    I’m not sure I know what this sparkly thread is you’re talking about, but I look forward to some closeups when you get to the snowy parts.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: